Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bumblebees and Gardens
































These are some flowers in my garden. This is the garden’s second season (my sister designed and planted it in 2006) and I love watching the garden grow and change. I was somewhat fearful (scared stiff really) of bumblebees, but now I have hundreds (maybe not quite that many but lots and lots) of them and they are so busy with the flowers (see last photo) they don’t even know I exist. My bumblebee fear stems from my brother being stung on the face. He was a kid and probably just finished a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One of his eyes swelled shut and his face got all strange looking. Since then, I’ve made a point of steering clear of bumblebees. Since I discovered they really do like flowers more than humans, it’s easy to do.

No comments: