Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Slow progress




The quilt is slowly moving toward completion. I don't like the photo but it's the best I can come up with since it's in pieces hanging on a design wall. It’s actually a little further along than the photo shows. I’m not really happy with the cutting done for this quilt. I changed the rotary blade before cutting my last 30 or so hexagons and realized I had a dull blade – never a good thing, especially when cutting through eight layers of fabric. I usually change the rotary blade and the sewing machine needle when starting a new project but . . . I think I was so anxious to get started on this one that I just jumped in, and the result is less than perfect. These blocks flow into each other, so the preciseness isn't as critical as in other quilts. Sewing the blocks together is in process and I hopefully will finish that in the next day or so; then it's on to borders.

Please visit JabaroDesigns.etsy.com to see my quilts. While there, visit the other Etsy shops - everything handmade.

No comments: